Daily Van Insurance
Daily van insurance, sometimes called 24 hour van insurance, isn't usually the topic of stimulating conversation. Neither are weekend van insurance, weekly van insurance, monthly van insurance but you may need one of these policies sooner than you think. It's good to know your options before you find yourself in the position of needing one of these short term insurance policies.
Often referred to as temporary insurance or short term insurance, daily van insurance is needed in many situations. Weekend van insurance, weekly van insurance and monthly van insurance policies are even more common necessities. What if you will only be driving a van for one day, a week or a month and it is not insured? It's the law that anytime you drive a vehicle on a public road or motorway, it must be insured. Even driving a van for a few miles, a few hours or even a day is no exception to the law.
Here are a few situations in which you might need either a daily van insurance, weekly van insurance or monthly van insurance policy:
- You borrow a van from a friend or relative
- You may have to temporarily add a driver. Perhaps you're loaning your van to a friend for a day or a relative wants to borrow it to move a few things
- You don't have a van and neither does anyone else that you know but you need to rent one for a day in order to haul some cargo. One example is moving small equipment to a new office location
- Your van is in the repair shop and you did not buy courtesy car insurance. You need to rent a van for the day and have to have insurance for it
- You would like to rent a van for a day trip or a weekend
- You want to test drive a van before buying it
It's not hard to get a short term van insurance policy as long as you have a valid driver's license. If you have any motoring convictions or penalty points, your policy will cost more but a clean driving record will help you get an affordable daily van insurance policy. Of course, weekly van insurance and monthly van insurance policies can be even less expensive.
It matters where you drive, too. Are you going for a day trip in the country? If so, your relatively low risk of having an accident will get you a lower price. If you are going to be using it in the city the premium will be higher due to the risk factor of heavy traffic.
It's easy and convenient to purchase daily van insurance, weekly van insurance or monthly van insurance when you go online and get several quotes to compare. Whether you need a 24 hour van insurance policy or even a weekend van insurance policy it's fast and efficient to get them online. In fact, once your card payment is authorised you'll be issued a certificate of insurance that you can print. In a matter of minutes you can be insured with a policy and be on your way.